Friday, February 17, 2012

12 Bees, I mean B-12

I got my B-12 patches in the mail yesterday!! I am super excited about it too, if you can't already tell! For those of you who are sitting there scratching your heads and thinking what in the heck is she talking about, well...I am about to tell you. B-12 is an important vitamin that your body needs, a lack in B-12 shows itself in many different symptoms which often means that a lack in B-12 is mistaken for something else. There are also different forms of B-12, one form is called 'human active' and other forms are 'not human active'. The problem with today's medical world is that they don't differentiate between the two, so if you went to the doctor today and got a B-12 test done, you would most likely have normal results, because the test is looking for all B-12 in the body, not just what you can use so most people are deficient in this important vitamin. Human active B-12 is only found in animal products, and since I am a vegetarian I don't get a lot of B-12, if any. And that is why I am excited to finally have a great, easy source of human active B-12 in the form of patches. I got them from The Raw Food World, which is a great resource for anyone looking to improve their diet or find unusual ingredients. All you do is stick a patch behind your ear and leave it there for a day and then take it off and put another one on. It is recommended that you use two a week. Since I am probably very low in B-12 it might take a week or two for me to start feeling the affects, but I am excited to begin this regime and plan to continue it throughout my life. Yay for B-12!

No comments:

Post a Comment