Thursday, February 9, 2012

For the Love of Benjamin!

So I have been seriously contemplating paint colors for all the rooms in the house and while I was researching I stumbled upon the Benjamin Moore website which allows you to upload a photo of your house/room and virtually paint the walls any color that they have available. Score! So a big chunk of my day was spend uploading pictures and trying out paint colors. It definitely helps to visualize the room and also helps the hubby understand what I am talking about when it comes to neutral paint. So far I am thinking a light gray for the family room, dining room, and kitchen. Since they are all connected we need to do something that flows together. We will probably do an accent wall in a slightly darker gray in the kitchen and on the wall with the television. I also want to do a bold color in the laundry room. Even though the room is quite small and there is no natural light I am willing to take the chance. Once we have installed white cabinets and a white counter top, the bold color will be broken up enough that it won't feel like a cave (hopefully, if not I can always repaint!) Here is an example of the laundry color which I am liking the most at the moment. Pretty cool, huh?
                                                            
Pacific Seal Teal (painted virtually)
                                                                     
Our current wall color

No comments:

Post a Comment