Saturday, February 4, 2012

Strolling Down Memory Lane

So Stephen and I are still very much newlyweds, considering we just got married this past November but that doesn't mean that we can't already look back on our wedding day with nostalgic bliss. I wanted to create a shadow box and put some of our wedding stuff in there so that we could easily look back on our special day. I found a great shadow box a Target for only $8.00 but since we had a gift card to Target thanks to some lovely friends I didn't have to drop a dime on this project. All I did was collect the things I wanted to put in the box which included our wedding invitation, program, response envelope (it had a personalized stamp on it), Stephen's ivory handkerchief, a purple ribbon that came on a gift, and a few little leaves and trinkets that were part of the decoration. I laid everything out in the frame and used tape to secure a few things before putting the back on and hanging it up.









Since this is the only thing hanging on our bedroom wall it looks a bit sad and lonely, but hopefully that won't be for long. You can also see the glass jar right under the shadow box. I took one of the many canning jars I have sitting in my cabinets and put in some of our honeymoon mementos which include our airplane tickets, a few things we won at an arcade, our tickets to some events/museums, and a score card from putt putt (let's just say that I am quite good at mini golf). We still have a few things from our trip that were too big to put in the jar so I will be finding a home for them real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment