Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm Singing in the Rain...Or Shower

One of the first things on my to-do list is to replace our existing shower heads with some low-flow and eco-friendly ones. My thought was to do the things on the list that would save us money in the long run first, even though they aren't aesthetically pleasing (although I have to admit that the shower heads we inherited with the house were no pageant winners and the new one is definitely much nicer looking), and then we can use those extra bucks to eventually add the more frivolous and pretty items. It just so happens that some lovely people gave us a gift card to Target for our wedding, which just came in the mail. I had a few ideas of what I would get in my mind but when I went to Target today, one of the first things I saw were shower heads. I picked one that fit our budget and needs and thanks to the gift card I only had to shell out $6.50 of my own cash! Cue the happy dance! Anyways, I decided to only get one for the moment even though we have two full bathrooms, my reasoning being that first I didn't have enough gift card money to cover them both, and since we are sans kids for the time being we really don't use that bathroom shower very often. Also it gives us the opportunity to feel out the new shower head and decide if we should get another one of the same kind or something different for the other bathroom. This is the one I decided on...

 
 And as you can see it has seven different settings which is a vast improvement from our original one.

And of course everything that comes into our house must be approved by our four-legged companions. 

So once Mia approved of my new purchase, out of the package it came and into the bathroom I went. Only a few minutes later (literally) our new shower head was in place. It seriously took me longer to find the wrench to take the old shower head off then it did to install this baby. So here are the before and after pics...

Before
      
After



















Before
After 

No comments:

Post a Comment