Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cheap Art

There are a few things that I am lacking in the supplies/decorating area. Those things are picture frames, flower pots, and candles. I already have a plan to help solve my dilemma and that involves a birthday trip to Ikea. Yes, I actually want to get up in the morning and drive two hours to Northern Virginia on my birthday so that I can go to Ikea. I also plan to start the day at the Smithsonian and then go to Ikea on our way back. I know that I will be able to score some pretty white flower pots and picture frames at Ikea without breaking the bank. I'm sure I will get a few candles as well while we are there with some other goodies that I know we will be bringing home even if I don't know what it is yet. Anyways, the reason for this post was to show you the cute, but extremely cheap (as in zero dollars) art that I made in all of about three minutes. I found an old picture frame (which is the reason for my above tangent) that needed a little something special in it. I decided that I wanted something besides a picture of myself and Stephen in this particular frame and as I was brainstorming I came across an old Anthropologie catalog and found a cute picture of an owl. I cute it out and popped it in the frame, and I love it! Maybe I will put it in the laundry room so it can be friends with my owl hook.

Let me know what you think....

No comments:

Post a Comment