Friday, February 17, 2012

Hootin Hook!

So I went to World Market for the first time ever the other day and lets just say that I told Stephen that I was going to move in and change my address! I love it! There are so many things that I could bring into my home there but most of them will have to wait. I did however "splurge" (meaning I spent about $10 bucks) on a pair of cute earrings (obviously not house related) and a cute owl hook that I decided to put in the laundry room and use for the dog's leash. Here is a little glimpse at our new wildlife addition. These pics make the walls look yellow, which they're not, but they do have a yellow undertone to the tan paint which I really hate. I can't wait to get some nice color up on our walls!

Before

After 





So lately I have been thinking more and more about taking the plunge and tackling the laundry room. I know you are probably thinking why start with the laundry room? It's not a room people see a lot and it certainly isn't in such a sad state that it needs fixing in any way, but I thought that it was a small enough area that I could tackle everything rather quickly and for not a lot of money. I pretty much know what I want to do to the room and I think it would be a good starter room for beginner DIYers such as ourselves. It will give us a chance to see how we do with planning and sticking to our budget and also will help us work out some kinks for when we go to do some larger projects like the kitchen. So if all goes as planned (which it never does, but one can still hope) I believe that I can get most of my little laundry makeover done for around $250-300 buckaroos. Hopefully I will come in closer to $200, but that really depends on how lucky I am with finding cabinets. Let's just say I will be making quite a few trips to the Restore here in good 'ole RVA.

No comments:

Post a Comment