Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My $2 score

Goodwill Finds
So I was at Lowe's the other day getting paint supplies, which we haven't used yet but it's getting closer, and I wondered into the plant and garden section and happened upon their clearance area for plants. I, for one, did not know that they had a plant clearance area. It's mainly for plants that don't look their best, i.e. yellowing or browning leaves, so they mark them down for people like me who think that the plant still has a chance and doesn't mind trying to keep it alive and well. So for $2 buckaroos I brought me home a nice little plant with a few leaves that were browning at the tips. I was super excited about this new plant because Mia had just recently demolished my biggest avocado plant that I had been growing for the past 2-3 years (tear). I was also excited because this plant was the perfect size for the edible arrangements flower pot that I scored at Goodwill a few weeks ago for just a few bucks. So here is the newest addition to the Chafee tribe. I am hoping that it will have a long and happy life here at our humble abode and that Mia keeps her paws and teeth away from it!

Plant and pot get a new life


No comments:

Post a Comment